2nd Panhellenic Conference of Traditional Hellenic Medicine
March 25, 2022
The Academy of Ancient Greek & Traditional Chinese Medicine has the honour to announce the organisation of the 2nd Panhellenic Conference of Traditional Hellenic Medicine, on Friday, March 25, 2022 at 10:00 am online.
For the second consecutive year the Academy has taken the initiative to respectfully create space for open democratic medical dialogue, as a safeguard to human health and wellbeing, in the light of the ongoing challenging environment posed as of COVID 19.
The purpose of the conference is to retrieve, restore and highlight ancient healing wisdom that will create precious value to the health management of current and future patients. Any valuable knowledge for human survival can prove to be particularly useful in the critical times we live in. We must make the most of this vast treasury of traditional medical wisdom of our birthplace, the Traditional Hellenic Medicine. At this time of great social and scientific upheaval, may the spirit of the Hippocratic speech dispel the darkness of fear and bring back the light of unity in our thoughts, words and hearts.
Objectives of the 2nd Panhellenic Conference of Traditional Greek Folk Medicine:
- By reviving the ancient knowledge to be found in the system of traditional Hellenic Medicine, be able to contribute to the efficient management of the pandemic, for the benefit of the people in a natural, non-invasive way.
- To remember and restore the legacy of Hippocrates and all the great doctors of the Hellenic era. This essence of the Hippocratic tradition is astonishingly beautiful, we are blessed to have it in our disposal for thousands of years and this critical historical moment offers a valuable opportunity to utilise it in an applied way.
- To breathe the essence and wealth of the traditional medical wisdom, to study it, to record it, discuss about it, to teach it, spread it all over the world and finally to pass it on intact as a precious inheritance to our children.
We invite all interested doctors, scientists, nurses, midwives, physiotherapists, alternative therapists, homeopaths, acupuncturists, reflexologists, aromatherapists, herbalists, alternative healers and common therapists therapists to participate to the conference by submitting papers, announcements, studies that can remind, record and exhibit the richness of the ancient knowledge that exists in Traditional Hellenic Medicine, as well as its interaction with other ancient medical systems and related Sciences. This year too, the conference shall be funded and supported by the Academy’s executive team, as well as the kind donations of Greek and international citizens, to ensure the right to a truthful and free dialogue.
- Hippocrates, Galen, Dioscorides and other ancient Hellenic physicians
- Timaeus of Plato
- Nikolaos Ieropaidas and other great historical medical doctors
- The influence of Traditional Hellenic Medicine on all known medical traditions of the world such as Traditional Iranian Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Unani Medicine, Tibetan Medicine etc
- Practical healers of Ioannina region
- Hellenic Folk Medicine
- Bee therapy
- Massages, rubbing
- Herbs and Recipes
- Herbal Collectors
- Thermal springs and healing baths
- Movement, Physical exercise
- Traditional Hellenic Nutrition
- Monastic medicine
- Ancient Hellenic language
- Hellenic mythology
- Ways to enhance natural immunity from the point of view of traditional medicine and recommended practices
- The recognition and authorisation of Traditional Hellenic Medicine by the Greek State
- Education in Traditional Hellenic Medicine
- The spread of Traditional Hellenic Medicine to the whole world and its ongoing dialogue with the ancient medical heritage of the world
Those who wish to participate in the conference with their work or as speakers, are invited to choose one or more of the previous topics and:
- bring it forward to the attention of theScientific Committee of the Conference , the summary of their work (up to 150 words), short bio, title and photo of the speaker (horizontal orientation), no later than 30.11.2021 (contact: [email protected])
- send the final file of their work in ppt or pdf format as well as their presentation video with a maximum duration of 10 mins, no later than 31.01.2022 (contact: [email protected])
The conference will be held on March 25, 2022 commencing at 10:00 online. For those who wish to attend the conference as observers, further related announcements shall be made.
Participation in the 2nd Panhellenic Conference of Traditional Greek Medicine is free.
On behalf of the Akadimia Press Office